My favourite Quiche Recipe
Serves 4 persons
Preparation time = 10 minutes
Cooking time 2 hours 45 minutes
10 ripe tomatoes, halved 8 extra large eggs
Olive oil 500 ml crème fraiche or double cream
1 tsp garlic puree 2 Tbsp tomato puree
1 tsp mixed fresh herbs (basil, oregano, tarragon) 1 Tbsp chopped fresh chives
1 white onion, finely chopped 100g Gruyere cheese, grated
250g un-smoked bacon cubed
- Grease a 26 cm round dish and preheat to 150 C
- Place tomatoes face up on a baking tray, moisten with olive oil, adding garlic, herbs & pinch of salt.
- Roast for 1 ½ hours to 2 hours, remove and allow to cool. Keep oven warm.
- Saute the onion on high heat until softened. Drain & reserve.
- Add bacon cubes for 3 to 4 minutes on high & add to the onion
- Whisk eggs, crème fraiche, tomato puree, adding chives bacon and onion.
- Pour the egg mixture into the buttered dish and sprinkle with Gruyere cheese. Add the cooked tomatoes on top. Bake in oven 30 to 40 minutes, until golden brown. Serve warm or cold.
This quiche is a knock out for a Breakfast or Brunch!